Thursday, March 03, 2005

Iraq's Short-Lived Membership in the ICC

A while ago, I noted that Iraq had joined the ICC, which was rather surprising given the U.S. govt's strenuous opposition to the international criminal court. I also noted that no one, except the French government, appeared to notice or care.

Yesterday, however, Iraq announced that it was withdrawing from the ICC (thanks to Allison Danner for the heads up). This withdrawal is just as surprising as its decision to join. I'm sure there is some interesting behind-the-scenes story here, but I am not well-plugged in enough to know what it is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nike shox said...

I also have registered a blog. But I am busy so not update frequently. In addition my writing is bad. After a long time I get used to read other's blogs. In factis it is a pleasure to read other people's blog. Imagine the lives of others and feeling my own lives. Sometimes, I am grateful to those bloggers who always willing to share their lives and experiences with other people. Hope you happy every day the same.And Nike shox will give you a whole new experience.

10/21/2010 3:41 AM  
Blogger Nike shox said...

I also have registered a blog. But I am busy so not update frequently. In addition my writing is bad. After a long time I get used to read other's blogs. In factis it is a pleasure to read other people's blog. Imagine the lives of others and feeling my own lives. Sometimes, I am grateful to those bloggers who always willing to share their lives and experiences with other people. Hope you happy every day the same.And Nike shox will give you a whole new experience.

10/21/2010 3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home